Monday, March 7, 2011

Tournament List

My club, Dorka Morka, is running a 1750 point RTT this weekend and I've worked up my list.

Bloodthirster, with Blessing of the BloodGod
Herald of Tzeentch on a chariot, Bolt, We Are Legion, Master of Sorcery
3 Flamers
4 Bloodcrushers, 1 with Icon, 1 with Instrument, 1 with Fury of Khorne
6 Fiends, 1 with Unholy Might
7 Plaguebearers
7 Plaguebearers
6 Horrors, 1 with Bolt
6 Horrors, 1 with Bolt, 1 is Changeling
Soul Grinder (nekkid -- no maw cannon upgrades)
Daemon Prince, Mark of Tz, Bolt of Tz
Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Cloud of Fliest, Instrument

The list is meant to be dangerous, but I realize it's not optimized or honed to razor-sharp edge. That's because my club promotes what it calls "full immersion 40K." We try to discourage WAAC attitudes and "internet lists" that spam only the "best" units in any given codex. (If that's how you role, hey, that's cool. We're just looking for a more well-rounded gaming experience.) Accordingly, the tournament emphasizes "soft" scores (making up a bit more than half of total points to be had) and incorporates "comp" criteria.

So my list is meant to be dangerous, as I said, but also to put different kinds of threats in front of my opponent. None of my hq, elite, or heavy options repeat.

And then I confess, the list was also assembled with an eye to putting my favorite models and conversions on the table, displaying the Harrrowed in all its twisted "glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment